7 Unusual Museums In Minsk You Should Check Out If You Visit Belarus

edited April 20 in Poland

7 Unusual Museums In Minsk You Should Check Out If You Visit Belarus

Tourism is fun, especially in non-mainstream places, like all over ex-USSR states. In this case it is Minsk, the capital of Belarus that has some awesome museums to offer you for some fun sightseeing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• edited April 20
    Such is the title of the article on the front page of Slavorum today. I cannot comment below the article, as I don't have FaceBook account. So, I will reply on the discussion board. 

One of the unusual museum is the museum of boulders in Belarus.

Ancient acred stones (boulders) are kept in the museum near Minsk.  Ancestors of Belarusians worshipped sacred stones. There are scholar articles published on the subject of sacred stones. Lithuanian and Latvian scholars come to Belarus to study ancient sacred stones of Belarus. Sacred stones were exploded by commies because ordinary folks were gathering around them. The stones have engravings from proto-Slavic and Balto-Slavic ages. And the museum of our sacred stones near Minsk is unusual?

@Perun

I like your site . But I think you need to give some consideration and editing about what you post on the front page of Slavorum. Because the core of Slavic history and culture  - sacred stones in the museum - labeled as unusual is offensive.  

• edited April 20
    @Perun

Your proto-Slavic ancestors likely sat next to one of the stones kept in 'unusual museum of boulders' kept near Minsk today. 
  • What are you talking about, it's unusual to see a dedicated 'stone museum' to general population, yes it is. 
  • edited April 20
    @Perun I am writing about you are putting information to your site about which you have little knowledge. Belarus has so many proto-Slavic sacred stones (boulders) all over the country. People were gathering around them. The stones have engravings long before Croats appeared on the Balkans. Commies tried to explode the stones in 1940s-1950s to stop people gathering around them. The decision was made to collect the stones from all over the country putting them in one place. A bit later the place was called as a museum. 

What's unusual about Slavic sacred stones kept in one place today? 
  • edited April 20
    @Perun You are a knowledgable. Why a certain country keeps boulders in one place naming it a museum? Only ill-informed person from a fair distance away from us would consider it unusual whom you re-posted knowing little about the significance of the stones to pre-Christian Slavic culture.
  • I really don't get your problem, unusual doesn't mean negative, just interesting to see and not so usual which a 'stone museum' definitely is. 
  • edited April 20
    @Perun

I can see you don't get my problem. 

Sacred stones kept in the museum of boulders near Minsk  have engravings that were done by my and your ancestors who lived 2,000 years ago. Long before Slavs moved in the Balkans.

I feel touchy when it comes to our history. Sorry for confronting you.

• You're getting touchy for no actual reason. 
  • @Perun

>You're getting touchy for no actual reason. 

Okay , man. I hope I caught your attention about what you post on the front page of your site.