Vito Jedlički obviously got bored of exhausting dispute between Croatia and Serbia around the Danube border between Backi Monoštar and Zmajevac, so he decided to declare an independent state. State Name is Liberland, and the first president, of course, became the Vito Jedlički. Although Vito did declare himself as president, he is making sure that the Liberlandu isn’t ruled in dictatorship style. So ingenious Czech calls upon all who are not extremists and respect the principle of ‘live and let live’ to join his Liberland country. Liberland even has its own official website where you can clearly see the flag, coat of arms, and all the laws of the new state, which according to Jedlicka, are fully in accordance with international law because it is based on no man’s land. How will Croatia and Serbia retaliate upon this poor lonesome Czech president, only time will tell.
Formation of Liberland
How to become a citizen of Liberland
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Do you want to become a citizen of Liberland? Liberland is currently accepting applications for citizenship, which will be processed in due time.[/box]
Who is needed in Liberland?
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Liberland currently needs people who:
- have respect for other people and respect the opinions of others, regardless of their race, ethnicity, orientation, or religion
- have respect for private ownership which is untouchable
- do not have communist, nazi or other extremist past
- were not punished for past criminal offences[/box]
How to apply?
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Send an e-mail message to [email protected], comprising of:
- An introductory letter, where you introduce yourself and write brief information about who you are and why you want to become a citizen of Liberland. As an attachment you can also send your curriculum vitae.
- Scanned valid identity card or a part of valid passport with your photo where you can digitally black out all text data except first name, last name, gender, date of birth, nationality, date of issue and validity date (you can black out identification number, social security number, signature, etc.). The data will be used to issue ID documents for citizens of Liberland. If the scanned document does not contain your current permanent address, please give it in the message text of the e-mail.
- If possible, please include your phone number where we can reach you.
Requests will be processed according to the day of delivery. We communicate electronically only, since in the territory of Liberland there is no physical location for mail delivery yet.
Make sure to visit liberland.org website![/box]
What can we say except, he has no idea what he just got involved into.