Kapitán Denis
Participant
@kapitan-denis

Every person should have something in their life that gives them meaning, joy, love, (mental) strength and maybe even reason to live. If it’s faith, I don’t have a problem with it, as long as it’s something positive. It’s just not my case. Faith will never be the fuel that drives me through my life.

However, I don’t like it when people try to push their belief system on other people, especially by “brainwashing” or “indoctrinating”.
I don’t like the fact that when you’re born into a deeply Christian family, there’s a great amount of pressure from your relatives. You’re raised as a Christian.
On the other hand, LaVeyan Satanists don’t accept you as a Satanist until you become an adult. They believe teenagers should be exposed to as many philosophies and religious beliefs as possible with critical thinking and they should be free to choose what to believe in.

Yes, faith is good for some people. Some. It depends on the faith.
Just an example. I recently stumbled upon a community called incels (involuntary celibate). It’s a group of people (I think only males) who believe they can’t get a girlfriend because society thinks that they’re not good enough in some way, especially appearance (which is BS). Instead of improving their lives they choose to write posts about how cruel the world is and how unfair their life is and how bad/stupid/wrong/cheeki/breeki women are. It’s their belief system. Their faith is not good for anyone. Some people lost their lives because of it.

If you’re all positive and if it’s because of your faith, I don’t mind and I’m happy you have it.

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Vuk
  • Bohun
  • Stella C.
  • MaRk0V
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • m1tric