Anonymous
Quote:
Do you guys still think that anything that is learned as Christian today is in reallity really its? That is a religion made on assimilating other things into it's core.

Inculturisation of some minor details which do not constitute Christian teaching, does not make Christianity rip-off of some Pagan religion. Espetialy if such details were acceoted from non-religious aspects of Graeco-Roman world.
Chrisitanity did not accept polytheism, nor ethical relativity, nor cyclic concept of History, nor ananke, nor prexistance of materia that was Greek paganism, my Ladies and Gentlemen.

Quote:
All these Christian European saints? most pagan gods turned into saints!

Saint Elijas -jewish prophet. Saint Peter, Saint Paul, – Christian Apostles, diciples of Christ. Saint Demethrius – Chrisitan marty officila in Thessaloniki. Saint Irinaeus of Lyon, bishop, martyr. People killed by Roman officials because of theit Christian belief are Paga dieties. Comon ;D

Quote:
Read about Yarilo and pisanki egg coloring among slavic pagans

Pentaz. there is possibility that Easter eggs were not of Christian origin. But even that hypothesis states Mesopotamia as origin. Mesopotamia was not inhabitated by Slavs.

Quote:
Do you guys still think that anything that is learned as Christian today is in reallity really its? That is a religion made on assimilating other things into it's core.
All these Christian European saints as St.George etc? pagan gods turned into saints!
Christian architecture? there is no such thing, only a cross that is built upon architecture of natives.

Pentaz, natives were building in shape of cross? Their architectre from begining was adapted for Christian worship? They painted their buildings by Christian paintings. They were using bred and wine. They were posting relics of Christian martyres in it? They developed Byzantine style, Romanic style, Gothic etc. 

Quote:
Christian Christmas? read about Germanic Yule,

Nothing. Christmass was established by Roman popes in 4th century to counter Mithraistic holyday of Sol Invictus. There is no big secret about it. And Ancient Gemans were celbrating birth of Incrnated Logos of God who came to save humankind of Death? ;)

Quote:
All these Christian European saints as St.George etc? pagan gods turned into saints!

Let me see. Christian marty slain because rejection of cult of Apolo. Does it sound pagan to you? He is represented killing dragon (Symbol of heathenism) to protect Girl (Symbol of Church as Christ's bride). Another Pagan symbol. ;D

Quote:
If I remember correctly Iconography wasn't always allowed in early Christendom (it was blasphemy) but they had to accept it to win over the heathens,

You dont remember correctlly, in oldest Church in Dure Epirus there were wall paintings. Iconoclasm was from in VIII and IX centuries

Quote:
Were have I mentioned basilica? Where hava I mentioned it was a pagan temple for that matter? I did not. I know very well the origins of the basilica i.e. the Roman Tribunal. So allright, Christian church has origin in Roman tribunal, no argument there.

Christian Church has origin is Ancient Jewish people as comunity gatherd by God to be His people. Architectural style of Christian Churches (buildings) was developed from Roman courthouse, not Tribunal (court)

Quote:
The same happened in central Europe, Christianity assimilated central European slavic wooden style. Leave your religious zealotry aside and you will see clearly the patterns.

Basic problem, wooden style was developed few centuries after Christian heathenism dissaperaed. Second eror was, this Churches were built in variations of Christyan styles, and built of wood. But it does not mean that one of those Churches was built in Russian-Byzantine style.

Quote:
However, Orthodox (Byzant, eastern) and Catholic (Roman, western) architecture (churches included) show great difference, since Catholic architecture absorbed Roman architecture, while Orthodox absorbed Greek architecture.

That is not correct picture, but I am not here to give leactures from history of architecture.

Well, if that wass all of your arguments couuld we please, go back on topic whic was Cathedral of Christ Saviour. I

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Shnickstara89
  • m1tric
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • MahNibbah