Anonymous
Quote:
You dont remember correctlly, in oldest Church in Dure Epirus there were wall paintings. Iconoclasm was from in VIII and IX centuries

Nitpicking much? Iconoclasm was formally allowed only 730 (that's some good 300 years after Byzantine foundation). Why? It was an European pagan thing, and such things were seen as heresy. In the middle ages bathing was seen as heresy too by the Christians, since it was too a pagan thing. That was my point. Don't twist it with meaningless details.

Quote:
Christian Church has origin is Ancient Jewish people as comunity gatherd by God to be His people. Architectural style of Christian Churches (buildings) was developed from Roman courthouse, not Tribunal (court)

Agree with the jewish part, however – The Latin word basilica (derived from Greek, Basiliké Stoà, Royal Stoa), was originally used to describe a Roman public building (as in Greece, mainly a tribunal), usually located in the forum of a Roman town.

Quote:
That is not correct picture, but I am not here to give leactures from history of architecture.

Well that is too bad. I for one enjoy your sermons.
Byzantine architecture was inspired by the Roman empire, with some eastern Greek flavuor. It's still pagan European at it's core.

Btw here is a Norwegian stave church. The resemblance to Germanic pagan huts is staggering –

Slavorum

17 User(s) Online Join Server
  • TELEdor
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Симеон
  • MaRk0V
  • KratΩs
  • Nefario