Anonymous
Quote:
Yep, tornadoes are something else and watching it on video and being in one are two different things. On April 27th this year there was one of the worst tornado outbreaks in US history. Alabama got the worst of it. The whole thing started around 6 am and lasted till early morning hours the following day. There was something like 11 EF4 or EF5 tornadoes, and couple hundred tornadoes total. One was a  mile wide and on the ground for hours more than 100 miles. When my house was hit by a hopping tornado, it sounded like a train whistle. My neighbor's roof landed in my front yard, big oaks, pines, cedars twisted and on the ground, debris everywhere, it looked like a war zone. The whole thing took less than 20 seconds. Let me tell you it will make your adrenaline flow. Than again it was nothing compared to what happened to others, some towns were completely destroyed. It's an experience you will never forget  ;)

I only have seen a real tornado once in my life but I know what you are talking about. Back then I was living in the US, South Carolina to be precise. While SC is, concerning tornados, nothing compared to the tornado alley or dixie alley-states they occur there occassionally and although most are fairly weak, SC has had it's share of EF3 and EF4 tornadoes. I witnessed a tornado (one of the lower categories, EF1 at maximum) going on a rampage just a few blocks away from our house. The sirens were going and my parents were freaking out because I was standing in the backyard and watching it instead of taking shelter. I was a little boy back then and I didn't know much about tornadoes but the whole scenery, the dark clouds, the roar of the tornado and the howling sirens made a huge impression on me (although the whole spectacle lasted less than 2 minutes) and since that day I'm a nerd for tornadoes and severe weather in general.

Tornadoes are quite common in Slavic lands, too. A town in Volyn, Ukraine got hit by an EF4 storm in the late 1980s and Poland experienced quite a lot of tornadoes in 2008 (the strongest one also was an EF4). The rest of Europe, e.g. France, Germany or Italy frequently gets hit by tornadoes as well.

Concerning the outbreak you mentioned, wasn't it even the worst in US history? I've seen the footage of the tornado going through Tuscaloosa filmed by the tower camera, really eerie stuff.

Not funny, you're right, but this dramatic footage was filmed by an American of Slavic ancestry.

Yep. That makes it at least kind of Slavorum-related :D

Slavorum

16 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • кошка
  • haver25
  • Shnickstara89
  • some slavic guy...
  • slovborg