Anonymous
Quote:
That’s right. The word may sound funny and awkward to use, it wouldn’t be funny for the younger generation who would grow up with the words.
And
Samohod doesn’t sound funny to me. We have this word in Russian language
We also have ‘lunohod’ – a machine sent to the Moon
Or, самолет (airplane), самокат (scooter) and many other words similarly formed.

We need a legislation that prevents organisations and advertisements agencies from using foreign words unless no substitute can be found. I think similar legislation exist in some developed countries. I can't remember in which countries.

It does for us, since we do not use it, samolet as well. We use auto and avion, true 'slavic' words :). Croats have zrakoplov, which is also nice.

We need a legislation that prevents organisations and advertisements agencies from using foreign words unless no substitute can be found. I think similar legislation exist in some developed countries. I can't remember in which countries.

Yes we do, I cannot believe the crap I am seeing in the printed or even visual media. People using vulgar, colloquial language on TV and newspapers has to be prohibited. It is true I use turkcisms in my colloquial language, I say комшија instead of сусјед, but to hear such colloquialism, or vulgar language on the TV or read it in the newspaper, when a substitute does exist, is just wrong. I use it since my forefathers weren't able to learn it better in school or in general education, I as well wasn't able to do that, but my children HAVE to be able to learn Serbian Slavic in their life.

I would go so far to say it is the matter of general dignity of the nation.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • m1tric
  • Das Rheinenfuchs
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • ☭Lil Commie☭