Anonymous
Quote:
Sounds similiar to this
Закарпаться мова ))….360.mp4

@Slavicmuse
Well, as I said before they consider themeselves as Ukraians. They don't even think that they are not, but most of the time, they rather call themeselves "Zakarpatci", but still as part of Ukraian nation.
People still speak Rusyn.
Funny thing is that they don't know (or don't like?) Ukraian anthem.
Overall, they are poor, but nice and kind people.
Their dialect of Rusyn is really similiar to Slovak language, I understand it very well.
Most of people are orthodox or greco-catholic, only small part of them is roman-catholic (And these salute themeselves "Slava Isosu Christu")
But they saved a lot of their traditions (For example, when someone dies, body has to stay in house for 3 days and at night there must be someone with it, 3+people)
And one more thing. I go there for like 10 years, but I've never seen Rusyn flag.

Sounds like the identity crisis is more of an issue to those Rusyns living OUTSIDE of Ukraine…??? Hrm.

My great grandparents considered themselves as Rusyn but didn't pass anything on.. no language or culture.  But many Rusyns in the USA I talk to make it sound like the Rusyns in Ukraine are outraged by the fact they are not recognized…

Slavorum

10 User(s) Online Join Server
  • redrockin
  • MD
  • Tosti
  • Симеон
  • Nefario
  • Australian Santa