Anonymous
Quote:
What are you trying to prove with the eupedia stats?? I dont see bavarians or austrians having any high frequencies of Hg I2a…. Where do you see this similarity are you looking at total I frequencies or what even then its not germans but rather some form of connection between Scandinavia and the west Balkans could be made. As far as the eupedia study goes that was taken from the peric study now this "study" discovers how croats are the purest and oldest europeans while serbs are one of the least and most "neolithic" yeah this reeks of manipulation.

Dude, you seem not to clearly read what I write. This is what I wrote:

From what I can see, those stats do not look manipulated to suit some national interest. It looks indeed that Croats (those taken from that sample anyway) do seem to share more similarities in terms of frequencies with Southern Germans (and for some strange reason, Saamis also) than with other South Slavs, though other internet sites seem to show other frequencies that say otherwise: http://www.eupedia.com/europe/european_y-dna_haplogroups.shtml

I hope I don't need to clarify this now for you.

I understand your point otherwise, but like Svaty and Pentaz, I would ask you to please take it easy. You don't have to like Croats, but this forum is indeed not SF Srbija and rubbish like one sees happening over there is definitely not welcome here.

Quote:
About the second map I don't think it's proper, 'cause it says that south Poland, Moravia and most of Slovakia has less percentage of light eyes than the whole Croatia and even BiH.

I've never said anything like Croats have no pale people or what.. I just say it's not the same as in south Poland and so on. I have been also in Serbia and of course, Croats are paler than Serbs, but it does not mean all of Croats are like that. Get it? There's nothing against the Croats, I like you, but please.. 70% of light eyes in Croatia while 76% in Iceland.. be honest, do you really think it's like that?

I also agree that this pprt of map is definitely inaccurate, but I wouldn't say it is opposite either really.
I have seen really many pictures of Croats and Bosniaks, and indeed light eyes seem quite common. Group shots provide good idea.
It would not surprise me that that many Croats and Slovenes have light eyes. 70% does not seem like that extreme estimate IMO, though if it is not, it has to be at least more than 50% of whole populations there.

That graph obviously has SERIOUS errors (like claiming Lithuanians have only 10% light eyes, Scots 32% and Danes have only 38% :D), but then again, this is not exact science and many such graphs, lists etc. contain errors. I mean, if it were all true, you guys should be very close to Cypriots (you know VERY WELL what I am talking about). ;D

Quote:
Thought truth to be told, i don't know how many of you here can really claim to be pale, blond and light as this Croatian girl tbh
on the right

or her sister on the right
or many others for all i know

This is what I was talking about to Svaty. Those girls could easily pass for Slovak or Polish girls. I would not be able to tell any difference.
Croatia, like any European country (apart from Northern and Southern extremes), is land of varied phenotypes. You have tanned, brown hair/eyed people as well as pale people with blonde hair/eyes. I really don't think maps and graphs can be that relied upon.

BTW Girl on right in second picture… palce lizać! ;) Mmm-mmm-mmm. Now, that's fine. She's fine. ;D

Quote:
As for Poland light eyes dominate no doubt about it, the hair don't know, seem to me like it's 50/50.

Just about all the polish kids are blond and as they grow up their hair gets darker or not.

It's definitely like that. Light eyes dominate (though brown eyes are also common), light hair is pretty much standard at birth, though indeed I would say that Polish adults are 50/50 of both dark and light haired people. Central Europe is mostly like that IMO.

I highly suspect northern Poland being fairer than the rest of the country for the simple fact that western and northern Poland has been populated by Poles from Eastern Poland ( today's Ukraine, Belorussia, Lithuania ), after WWII, there should be no significant difference. Simple fact is unless close to 100% has been tested the results have to be taken with a grain of salt. But to each his own. Peace!  ;)

Indeed, also well said. Fact is that now I live in Kraków, which is Southern Poland, before I lived in Warszawa (Central Poland). Very often I am in my wife's family regions and often travel to Bydgoszcz, Grudziądz and Toruń. I can tell you that phenotypes really do not differ between them.

I must say though, that for example in Elbląg, I definitely got impression that people are more of Nordic or Baltic type than rest of Poland, but also one has to remember that people in Poland go where work is and that now it is difficult to really judge, especially when one compares cityfolk.

Slavorum

3 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Nexius
  • Tujev