Anonymous
Quote:
I don't want to stir arguments here, but I have to say that Croats are not like Serbs, and Serbs are not like Croats. There is nothing bad about that.  I really don't understand why are Serbs constantly telling us what we are and what we aren't.

Back on topic. I can only say that from what I have seen light eyes and light hair is pretty common among Croats.
I had 19 classmates in my highschool and 13 of them had light eyes (including me) if I remember correctly :) 5 of them had blond hair and others had light to medium brown hair. On my college light eyes and hair are common too.

Croats are not like Serbs, they are to wide of an ethnogenesis, linguisticaly and culturaly, to be considered same as the Serbs. Some Croats however, those inhabiting regions that they border or share with the Serbs, surely are similar in language and culture (I even heard some Croats have Slava and play Gusle), as well as those inhabiting regions bordering with Slovenia share common cultural and linguistical traits with the Slovenes, which is normal everywhere in the world.

Croats and Serbs inhabited the same space for probably two millennia, in the ancestral regions as well as in the current ones. Only in the last 50 years, because of the WW2, have they shown animosity towards each other, and that because of a German.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • redrockin
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Das Rheinenfuchs