Anonymous
Quote:
Thus it appears that three factors determine the degree of integration of an ethnic group into political and social life of a host country: the policy of the host state (granting the ethnic group legal rights and guaranteeing the right to maintain an ethnic identity including support for its cultural activities; active support from the country of origin; and a willingness of the immigrants themselves to organize and identify themselves as an ethnic group. With regard to Poles in Germany, neither of these factors works in a satisfactory manner. It goes without saying that in the situation where institutional support from both Germany or Poland is inadequate, it is up to the Poles themselves to make up for these deficiencies and to exert themselves more than they had done in the past.

Indeed the real problem, as I see it, is a lack of desire of many Poles for being Poles, isn't it?
It seems to me that the similar thing is with many Russians abroad. They are embarrassed to be Russians and don't want foreign people to look at them as at Russians. That's really dissapoint me  :(. But this is the result of the national education. If people know their own history, they know why they can be proud for their nation. How good do young Poles know the achievements of Polish nation? There could be an answer.

Slavorum

12 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Jan Pat II
  • pringles vending machine
  • Piachu
  • Glockamole
  • 'las
  • Lucifer Morningstar