Anonymous

Here is a link to a long non-nationalist, academic essay on the subject of Polish-Ukrainian relations:

To Resolve the Ukrainian Question Once and For All: The Ethnic Cleansing of Ukrainians in Poland, 1943-1947

It examines a lot and has this great paragraph at the end:
"Good policy can have a much greater immediate effect on such disputes than good historiography. The genius of Polish and Ukrainian policy since the two states regained their sovereignty has been to treat these matters within the categories of international politics, rather than in the categories of personal memories. Polish and Ukrainian national memories are not in accord, nor indeed are the accounts of leading national historians. Yet even as disagreements remain about who owes whom an apology, and local conflicts over property lost after the Second World War continue, relations between the Polish and Ukrainian states are excellent.[96]  Poland was the first state to recognize Ukraine in 1991, and the two states quickly agreed to a treaty on good relations in 1992. Although Polish eastern policy has sometimes disappointed Ukrainians, it has consistently recognized Ukraine as an equal sovereign state with the pertinent rights and responsibilities. Ukraine has come to treat Poland as a dependable partner, especially insofar as its foreign policy remains oriented to the West."

It wasn't my original intention to churn up any discontent between our nations, though I am probably guilty here via negligence to some degree. The site that I initially linked to is quite packed with romantic nationalism, but then so many are. The above quote is really what I was trying to go for.

Slavorum

3 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nexius
  • kony97
  • Tujev