Anonymous
Quote:

Quote:
You think so? Where I live, my eyes are called hazel.
But I notice that my eyes are getting greener with time.
So in a few years, you may be right!

As in the case of blue eyes, the color of green eyes does not result simply from the pigmentation of the iris. Rather, their appearance is caused by the combination of an amber or light brown pigmentation of the stroma, given by a low or moderate concentration of melanin, with the blue tone imparted by the Rayleigh scattering of the reflected light.

In other words, green eyes are a mixture of amber and blue. Green eyes are almost always hazel, never strictly one colour and tend to vary from one colour to another.

[img height=200]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Hazel_eye.jpg” />

Ok, thanks for the info. You know what? My eyes are actually transforming – when I was a teen my eyes were brown but slowly they are changing to GREEN. Right now, they are in a middle stage (half brown, half green) but maybe in 5 or 10 years I believe they will completely transform to green.

Also, a few people have asked me if I wear coloured contact lenses. Haha, no I don't, God made these funny eyes!