Anonymous

I found this interesting, so I did a little research about the origin of these words used in South Slavic languages.

Ukrainian would be in red
Slovak in green 
Polish in orange
Slovene in blue
Macedonian in purple

Shoes – čevli, obuvki – cipele – čevlji bašmaktopanka obuwie

I don't know where "cipele" comes from. "Obuvki" in Macedonian is rather a general term for footwear, but is also used for "shoes". "čevli" is most used instead. I see it's used in Slovenia also, but I can't find it's origin. "Opinok" is also used, but it means an ancient shoe. Anyway, I think we can agree that, in some form or another, there is a common Slavic origin for this kind of object.

Boots – čizmi – čizme – škorenj čerevikitopankabuty

The word "čizmi" probably was introduced to the South Slavs by he Turks. They use the same word.

socks – čorapi – čarapa – nogavice škarpletkiponožkyskarpety

The most common word for "sock" in South Slavic languages comes from the Turkish "çorap", but it's actually a loanword from ancient Chaldean word for "bag". Not ours! I guess none wore socks here before the 14 century. And also, the Ukrainian and Slovak words are derived from the word for "leg". Our peoples weren't so inventive. We call "nogavica" the part of the trousers where you put your leg in, though.

bed – krevet – krevet – blazina ližkoložkołóżko

"Krevet" comes from the Greek κρεβάτι. "Leglo" and "ležaj" are frequently used, although they are broader terms, they still can be compared to Ukrainian "ližko" e.g.

pillow – pernica – jastuk – blazinapoduškavankušpoduszka

Jastuk is purely Turkish. In Macedonia "pernica" is used. In Bulgaria it's "zglavnica". They sound pretty Slavic to me.

soap – sapun – sapun – milomilomydlomydło

I've found that the ultimate origin of this word is Proto-Indo-European "*soib-on". God know how our people started using it. BTW, Doesn't "milo" mean something nice and dear? :) 

bag – torba, vrekja – torba – torba, vrečasimkavrecetorba

"Torba" came into Turkish from the old Persian "tōbrak". There are many similarities between Persian, Sanskrit and Slavic, so it might be a common Slavic word also. Plus, it's used in Poland, and I doubt that Turkish had much influence on Polish. 

blanket – kjebe, pokrivač – deka – odeja, prevlekakovdrudekakoc

All these words for blanket were unknown to me. "Kjebe" is also used in Serbian and Croatian. "Pokrivač " comes obviously from "krie" – to hide.
An interesting fact: the Hungarian word for blanket is "pokróc" – sounds Slavic.

I think it might be a general conclusion that all these terms were introduced to our peoples at different stages of history. They had either to invent or loan new word for these objects.
In some cases, different groups of people had to separately invent new words. They may differ, but it's the same Slavic primitives they are derived from.
Of course, sometimes, the people just adopted the foreign words. Since South Slavs had contacts with many different peoples, there are many different loans into their languages.
Still, for almost any of these loans there is an equivalent word with domestic origin, but these words are either considered archaic, or are used only dialectical. Croatian and Slovene linguistics pushed forward these words, and in my opinion, that is something that all other South Slavs should do. These loans should give their place to the domestic words, which might move closer our languages.