Anonymous

Sveti Georgije ubiva aždahu (St. George Slays the Dragon) – 2009
St. George Slays the Dragon (Serbian: Свети Георгије убива аждаху) is a Serbian World War I drama directed by Srđan Dragojević and written by Dušan Kovačević. The movie premiered on March 11, 2009. With a budget of around €5 million, it was one of the most expensive Serbian movie productions to date. Some of the funds have been donated by the governments of Serbia (€1.55 million) and Republika Srpska (€750,000) who deemed the movie to be of national importance. Kovačević's script is based on his 1984 theater play that was staged to great success in Belgrade's Atelje 212 and Novi Sad's Serbian National Theatre. The movie starts with Kingdom of Serbia battling, as part of the Balkan League, the remaining Turkish occupiers during the First Balkan War in 1912 and ends with the outbreak of World War I in 1914 and the crucial Battle of Cer, the first allied victory in World War I. It is largely set in and around a small village by the Sava river at Serbia's border with then Austria-Hungary.

St. George Slays the Dragon – full movie

Personal note: I considered not adding 'Sveti Georgije ubiva aždahu' from the same director as 'Rane', Srdjan Dragojevic, because I personally find it a failed movie. Eventhough the director has quality, unfortunately, and that is the point, he shows his talent only in handling low-life degeneric, 90's war or other negative themes, but is unable to bring up any of that quality when confronted with positive ones considering our culture and tradition (like the story 'Sveti Georgije Ubiva Azdahu' should have been).