Anonymous

I2a1b1 (Former I2a2a in the Y2010 tree) (L69.2, L621)

I see you supporting his view and i’m alright with it, but so i would like to ask you then can you point me out to the genes of Illyrians, people that were present at the era before Slavic arrival of Croats, Serbs? There has probably been killing but as well through history sources we also know they weren’t wiped off but were joined into the Slavic invaders, so where are these natives in our Haplogroups then if both R1a and I2 came from East with Slavs?

He seems plausible, since I doubt that to the Balkans native Thraco-Illyrian-Helenistic component that would have carried the genetic marker I2a2a (I2a1b1), would have mixed with well almost all Slavs. Most Slavs, as far as I read, carry the R1a and the I2a2a haplogroup (in different percentage though). As for the natives, yes they were assimilated as any conquered ethnicity, but which haplogroup did they carry, I believe E-V13, which is native to the peninsula, and older than I2a2a. I do not believe I2a2a being native to the Balkans. R1b, I, R1a are paleo-European (West, Central, East), but the I2a2a mutation didn’t originate in the south, the I haplogroup could have, but not its I2a2a mutation.

Like I said, this seems plausible and also congruent with our (Croat/Serb) historical oral tradition, as well as the migration theories of the Slavic people. One has to understand that the large percentage of I2a2a among Serbs and Croats of the Dinarids doesn’t mean that there are a lot of them there, it just means that if 10 people live in 10km², 7 are having a high percentage of I2a2a, in comparison to the lowlands where 10.000 people live in 10 km², and only 5.000 have a high percentage of I2a2a. Dinarids show a higher percentage, because their population is scarce.

Slavorum

17 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Симеон
  • KratΩs
  • SinisterWidow
  • Bjelas
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Shvo