Anonymous

That is true, Greeks do not share as much as E-V13 as their northern neighbours. Greeks referred to everything non Helen as barbarian, and as for light, doesn’t mean that they were a solely different race, it meant that they live more to the north (E-V13 is today largerly carried by Kosovo Albanians, and they are fairer than the Greeks). Helens and Illyrians did however share common mythological ethnogenesis according to archeological research. As for Dalmatia and Illyrians; Illyria was the name of a Roman province after 200 BC, not necessarily the Illyrian ethnic realm as such, the ‘real ethnic Illyrians’ may have been pushed southwards with the Roman conquering of Illyria some 800 years prior to the arrival of the Slavs, exiled from their land and especially cities. The core ethnic Illyria, the oldest Illyrian kingdom documented was Dardania (region of southern Serbia, Kosovo). If E-V13 was non present then it would not be plausible, however E-V13 is overall present, somewhere in a higher, or in a lower percentage.

What makes me believe that I2a2a is a dominant Slavic, E-V13 a dominant Balkan (Illyrian-Thracian etc.) marker.

[li]almost all Slavs (I would even say all Slavs) carry R1a and I2a2a haplogroups, differing in the percentage of the both. If I2a2a is ‘Illyrian’ how come only almost Slavs mixed with them in such a large scale, and not others, and when did the ‘Illyrians’ move to the north. If the research data says 2800 years old mutation, that is almost younger than Illyrians are documented, which is around ~2500.[/li]

E-V13 was not carried by Berbers nor Arabs, no such ethnicities existed in the times of the E-V13 haplogroup migration to the European continent. If they migrated to Europe before the others that makes them ‘more native’ to Europe than the others. What is believed is that the E-V13 together with the J2 haplogroup, are the markers of the civilisation carriers, from Mesopotamia to the European continent.

Quote:
What is confusing you and both mr.Kenneth is why is there Haplogroup I in Ukraine thus the theory about some migration from there, however Haplogroup I did originate there, it is connected with Gravettian culture  (The earliest evidence of Gravettian culture comes from the Buran-Kaya caves in the Crimean Mountains (southern Ukraine), dating to 32,000 years ago.) and spread towards Balkans, the last warm part of Europe in beginning of the Ice age, thus these HP I people settled there to survive the winter and after the Ice age then the moved from Balkans to north as far as Southern Scandinavia and Denmark, however these people we’re not Slavs, they were paleo-Europeans since the R1a Indo-Europeans come into the picture only around 15 000 years later.

The confusing part is not the Haplogroup I which is paleo-European, but its mutation I2a2a found to be 2800 years old, that one may find almost exclusively among the Slavs. Which makes me believe that it originated among those people which would build the Slavic ethnogenesis, and came with the Slavic migration to the Balkan peninsula. Haplogroup I alone is old, it had 22 000 years to roam the continent, from the south to the north, I2a2a isn’t, I believe it is a genetic mutation of the northern branch of Haplogroup I originated in the northeast, and migrated to the south in the course of the Slavic migration.

Slavorum

2 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • HicksGhostLDN