Anonymous

First of all it was not Illyiirians that migrated but it was paleo-europeans that only later have becomed illyrians in south. If during those migrationes one could trace them it would be throught gravetian culture.

First, I do not know, it is your theory of the Illyrian migration further to the north-east, which I do not support.

Second if paleo-Europeans migrated, I presume you are talking about the Haplogroup I marker, then it is plausible since 22 000 years are a long period, however we bear exclusively I2a2a, a more recent mutation of Haplogroup I. This one originates ~800 BC, so what you say that in the whole of the north-east, the Haplogroup I mutated into I2a2a in that time (2800 years ago), and the ones in the south formed the Illyrian ethnicity, the ones in the north-east together with the R1a the Slavic one?

It is hard to believe that the identical mutation I > I2a2a happend on such a vast space, namely whole of eastern Europe, in the same time. Mutations usually happen on a smaller number of people and in a smaller region, that spread with time.

What did probably happen, is that the paleo-European Haplogroup I, spread further north-east after the big melt (long before Illyrians, Slavs, or anything else existed for that matter). A part of the paleo-Europeans around the river Vistula mutated into the I2a2a branch, 2800 years ago, which mixed with the R1a branch (some further north in Scandinavia mutated into I1). Out of that, the Slavic ethnogenesis emerged, the Slavs carrying the I2a2a-R1a branch migrated towards the south, namely the Balkans and formed our south Slavs. The I2a2a has shown itself more dominant over R1a in our people so it became the main marker till today.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • KratΩs
  • Симеон
  • m1tric
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • ☭Lil Commie☭