Anonymous

The rise of the Huns around 370 overwhelmed the Gothic kingdoms. Many of the Goths migrated into Roman territory in the Balkans, while others remained north of the Danube under Hunnic rule. They became one of the many Hunnic vassals fighting in Europe, as in the Battle of Chalons in 451. Several uprisings against the Huns were suppressed. The collapse of Hunnic power in the 450s led to further violent upheaval in the lands north of the Danube, during which most of the Goths resident in the area migrated to the Balkans. It was this group that became known as the Ostrogoths.”

You were saying something?

Plus, you cannot deny the Germanic words present in Croatian language today (but not in Serbian)

Compare with I2a2 haplogroup. Any bells ringing?

Also, take a read:

The two main subgroups of haplogroup I likely divided approximately 28,000 years ago:

* I1-M253 et al has highest frequency in Scandinavia, Iceland, and northwest Europe. In Britain, haplogroup I1-M253 et al is often used as a marker for “invaders,” Viking or Anglo-Saxon. The I1b-M227 subclade is concentrated in eastern Europe and the Balkans and appears to have arisen in the last one thousand to five thousand years. It has been reported in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Estonia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Slovenia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Croatia, and Lebanon.

Would you kindly explain me presence of this sub-clade in both Croatia and Scandinavia????

Still, after reading all this I have my doubts whether I2a2 was brought by Gothic carriers or is the Illyirian hg.
But Cvetinov, it must be either one or the other. The evidence is not abbundant anymore, it’s overwhelming. It couldn’t possibly be brought by Slavic invaders

Slavorum

17 User(s) Online Join Server
  • CampmakerZA
  • redrockin
  • Australian Santa
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • MahNibbah
  • Vuk