Anonymous

And I believe the opposite namely, why do you find I2a2a mostly in isolated regions, because Slavs that settled these isolated regions, especially the islands (old-Croatian one can today mostly hear on the islands, as well as the oldest Serb clans one can find native to the Dinarides) mated mostly among their own clans. R1a is a marker, but a one dominant among that population which had the opportunity to mate with it the longest, namely that population that wasn’t isolated and had constant influx of R1a folk from the east. I believe I2a2a being the paleo-European marker originated as a mutation in the Vistula basin, as one of the original Slavic markers together with R1a that isn’t European by origin but came as an influx from the east. I2a2a is the Paleo-European original marker of the Slavs, but in a far smaller number present than R1a, one can still find it among all Slavs, north, west and south (stating that it couldn’t have originated in the Balkans and moved to Russia, Poland or Ukraine, since no such migration is documented in 2800 years how long this genetical mutation exists), but mostly among those Slavs which are isolated from the rest of the Slavic population that is now dominant R1a, but wasn’t necessarily in the beginning.

Imagine the proto-Slavs as a mixture of the Europeans I2a2a and non-Europeans R1a. If they now represent two liquids R1a is 2 liters and I2a2a is 0,25 liters and they start to mix, the percentage among the mixture will gradually fall to 12.5% of I2a2a among the Slavic population. If you take an amount of the European part of the liquid before the completed mixture, and settle it in an isolated area where it is not able to complete the mix, you’ll get a higher percentage of I2a2a.

And exactly that happend, the dominant Paleo-European strain (I2a2a) of the Slavs that existed before the larger influx of the non-European strain (R1a) came from the east, migrated towards the isolated south, thus not mixing with the R1a strain from the east in such numbers, and preserved it’s higher Paleo-European percentage. R1a and I2a2a are both Slavic, one is Paleo-European the other isn’t, but are both the markers only present among the Slavs, only in different percentages, according to geography.

P.S. You do not find the highest number of I2a2a folk in the isolated areas, you just find the lowest population of people. You can find a 100 times greater number of I2a2a folk in the lowlands than in the highlands, but the overall percentage of I2a2a would be lower because the lowlands are more populated than the highlands. If you find 10 people inhabiting 100 km² of the Dinarides, and 7 bear I2a2a you get a 70% of that marker. In the lowlands you will find 10 000 people and are 2 000 of I2a2a stock, you get 20%, it doesn’t mean that the highest number of I2a2a folk is in the isolated areas, it just means, there are almost no people living there.

Slavorum

12 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shnickstara89
  • Stella C.
  • Nefario
  • Australian Santa
  • pothead
  • m1tric