Anonymous
Quote:
Hehe, I found this forum on google looking up some statistics for a friend… and had to chime in, as I'm a redheaded female.  ;)  My family and I are from the former yugoslavia (serbia) with some romanian from my mother's side.

We have redheads on both sides of the family. 1 grandparent from each side with red hair, maternal grandfather with bright red hair, paternal grandmother with red hair. I started out with bright red hair, now its deep dark red. Not to be mistaken with reddish-brown, its still a true red but darkened copper, in the sunlight its more obvious. I also used to have blue-grey eyes and they also changed to green. There is definately an enviromental trigger for the shade change too… as my father and I both experienced a hair/eye color change at the same time when we moved (he went from blonde to black in his 30's-40s!) and I went from bright red to auburn.

I'm the last one in my generation with red hair, so far no cousins (even distant ones) have red hair, but before my generation there were plenty. The original poster said to post up pictures, but I feel shy, hehe. :-*

Loooool red headed serb? Never met one, cool. I know red heads are found in celtic peoples and that there are celtic remnants in our serb genome. Interesting.

Postavi slike ako hoces, ja sam cak sam to uradio ali u introduction. Boli mene sta ovi misle^^

Ali cak, interesantno da imate crvenokose u porodici. Iz kojeg kraja si? I ako znas koje ti je Bratstvo :)