Anonymous
“The elders twisted Pilate’s hand into crucifying Jesus by threatening to complain to the emperor that he (Pilate) was tolerating sedition. The mob cried “crucify him” when Pilate tried one last time to avoid it. The Jews used the Romans to do their dirty work much like someone hires a hitman (or blackmails one in this case).”
Yes, that’s what is says on the book. But I don’t believe it. Jesus was killed due to claiming being King of he Jews. I don’t think that the details of the biblical story are quite reliable.
“They do not. In Christianity, Jesus is God. He’s the “cornerstone” (actually capstone) that holds the whole edifice together. Jews reject Chist – i.e. God – hence they cannot simultaneously believe in him because:
John 10:30 “The father and I are one.”
The question is then, if not the god of Abraham, what exactly do the Jews believe in?”
It is the god of Abraham. Yahweh is his name. The god of Genesis, Deuteronomy and every other Protestant Old Testament book. And this is YOUR interpretation of the god of Abraham. Jews, obviously don’t believe in the Trinity because it’s nowhere in the Old Testament, the only book that they consider divinely inspired (maybe the Talmud is also divinely inspired according to them, not sure).