Anonymous
Quote:

Quote:
How did you discover you were a Slav?

I had any information to know it, but I didn't match it. I will make it short, though it is a very long story. My german husband-to-be always complained about Turks and told me that he doesn't understand how I can be a Turk when not looking, behaving or thinking like one (especially when I don't like them either). Then I told him that the "father of Turks", Atatürk, was a blond and blue eyed guy born in Greece and a Turk, too. Many years I didn't understand why I am the person I am, why I cannot feel any positive emotion when thinking about Turkish culture, why it scared me as a child an still does today, and why I hate the nature in my land if I was naturally addicted to like it because I was the product of this nature (concerning evolution etc.), why I cannot even endure the nature (as already said, I like it cold). As I began to read about pre-Christian European culture, I was fascinated and began to feel home in this ancient world, something I never did in my life before. For many years it was a hobby for me to read about that and the deeper I got in the topic, the more I didn't understand why it was this "foreign" culture instead of my own one. It got worst about one year ago as I began to read especially about Germanic and Slavic paganism, because I thought that this was definitely something which was in opposite of "my" culture. This was a rather difficult phase, it torned me apart because I was addicted to this world more than to anything else I've ever seen. Then one evening my husband-to-be asked me why I can speak some words in Bosnian and I answered that my grandfathers lived in Bosnia and told him how they came to Turkey. Then he asked me if that doesn't mean that I was a emmigrated Slav instead of a Turk, considering that I don't look Turkish and all the other things I've written above. The next day I asked my parents about several things concerning our forefathers and than there was no doubt anymore.

Turkey is essentially the European version of Mexico.  Mexico has a Hispanic-German upper class ruling over a horde of brown Amerindians who think they are Mestizo..  In Turkey, it's either Albanians, Circassians, Greeks or Slavs ruling over a mutt population which is probably largely Arab.  If only because the original Turkic people look like Kazakhstanis and people of Central Asia.

Ataturk was half Albanian and half Macedonian Slav

Even the house of Osman (Ottoman Royal Family) looks different from regular Turks.  I know a Turkish woman who is a fake blonde but her blue eyes are legitimate, doesn't like traveling to Turkey (because she gets mistaken for a Slav) and ended up marrying an Anglo.
On the other hand I know another Turkish woman, although a nice woman, who could easily pass for a Mexican Amerindian.