Anonymous

Well in case of Slovaks they were always just comrades (fights against Ottoman Empire, fights during WW1 etc.)
Excluding revolution in 1848, I know only one fight where fought Slovaks versus another nation.

[size=16pt]Little war[/size] (hun. Kis háború, svk. Malá vojna)
(also known as Slovak-Hungarian War)
Wikipedia page

Who want to know more, can read article right on Wiki, but info that I wrote is from here.

Little War was fought for 8-12 days in year 1939 (nine days after estabilihment of First Slovak Republic). Already in first day was bombed town Spišská Nová Ves, 13 people died and about 30 were hurt.
Hungary (it was already after Munich Agreement, in which H. took S. southern regions) without declaration of war attacked Slovakia and from East to West they tried to occupy it. It is said that part of Hungarian troops even reached town Žilina (I have no idea if it's true or not), however Slovak troops (only few days old) were able to repress them back to eastern borders, and if they would continue, maybe they would be able to repress them even from already occupied southern areas. Hungary turned on The Third Reich and Italy, and they forced countries to peace negotiation. In the end were areas on Eastern border conencted to Hungary (70 000 inhabitants, from that about 5000 Hungarians)
Even after peace conclusion Hungary continued attacking Slovakia

[img height=400]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Slovakia_borderHungary.png” />
Blue area was connected to Hungary during Little War. Red area was connected to Hungary during Munich Agreement.

Slavorum

6 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Симеон
  • m1tric
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Adam's Song
  • Lyutenitsa™