Anonymous

@rikesho, do you know other Slavic languages? It should be easier if you know another Slavic language. Have you heard of Duolingo? They have a Ukrainian laof nguage course for English speakers. Unfortunately, Slavic languages aren’t as easy to learn compared to English for example because of all the genitive cases that need to be remembered. I don’t know if I can give any advice about learning the language from scratch (because I grew up in a surzhyk speaking family), since I learned how to speak it fluently as an adult. But from my experience teaching English and learning other languages, the best way to learn a language is to systematize it, to learn it through music (repeat it), to read books of narratives you are well familiar with and enjoy or to do the same with movies or TV series instead(with English subtitles of course). The other important thing is to remember that it is better to learn a little every day, than to study for one day for an entire month. Also of course, if you have anyone to speak Ukrainian with, it will make your life a lot easier. Let me know if you have any questions.