Anonymous
Quote:
Serbs are neither Latins, nor Anglo-Saxons, nor Lithuanians, nor Greeks, nor Avestani, so I do not see what searu, servare, sargas, heros, haurvaiti has to do with Serb, most of it doesn't even sound similar. I have nothing against that theory as long as it is plausible, for everything else there is J.I.Deretic.

This is not Deretić's blaberings, it is what you will hear from modern Indo-European linguists. Avestani, Greek, Latin and Anglo-Saxon are all Indo-European languages, and Serbs are Indo-Europeans. (Lithuanian is even more related than previous mentioned languages). Avestani and Greek are here as examples of older literary languages who better perserved previous stages which long ago were common for all Indo-Europeans.
Wiktionary quoted University publication. I guess it is not hard to look at source:
J.P. Mallory and D.Q. Adams, "Protect", The Encyclopedia of Indo-European Culture (London: Fitzroy and Dearborn, 1997).

Quote:
isti means same in Russian, Polak, Ukrainian, Czech?

Isti does not exist in Russian, Polish, Ukrainian and Czech. That is first. Second, theare are words derived from same root, and that words ahve similar or same meaning in all Slavic languages.

Quote:
serb does exist in Ukrainian and Polish, as Pasierb, and Paserb.

Ukrainian пасерб is borowed from Polish pasierb, same as Belarussian па́серб. Further more, meaning is stepson, посвојеник, усвојеник, посинак, this sierb could be somehow related to Proto-Slavic sьrbъ, but it is just possibility, there is no similar word in other Slavic languages.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Bjelas
  • Shnickstara89
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Australian Santa
  • Shvo