Anonymous

@ghpedroso Serbian is only European standard language with complete synchronic digraphia, which means that both Latin and Cyrillic script are used to write standard Serbian. By Constitution Cyrillic script is the official script in Serbia, but on the local level many municipalities made Latin script official too, especially in Vojvodina (northern Autonomous Province of Serbia with a lot of minorities and six official languages). In my municipality e.g. official languages are Serbian (Cyrillic), Slovak, Rusyn and Serbian (Latin), there are also two villages in it where Croatian is official. Most stores, bars, clubs etc. have their signs in Latin script here.
In fact most Croats don’t read Cyrillic, younger ones never learned it and many of the older ones intentionally forgot it. I think in Bosnia learning Cyrillic script is mandatory, but I’m not sure. Well, if you say it among Bosniaks and Montenegrins (not Serbs from Montenegro) then it could provoke someone. Most Serbs won’t mind it, Croats are somewhere in between. I always think of it as Serbo-Croatian, some don’t like that name, but the point is it’s all the same language.