Anonymous

@SviatogorIn the Balkans an Orthodox family changing to Roman Catholic religion would change its ethnic identity eventually”
Not necessarily. In Bulgaria we have a traditional minority of Bulgarian Catholics, who have been Catholics since the Late Middle Ages, and they still consider themselves as Bulgarian. Actually, in Ottoman times, they were some of the most patriotic Bulgarians possible – f.e. it’s little known that the first written history of Bulgaria was not Father Paisiy’s famous “Istoriya slavyanobolgarskaya”, but that of the Catholic archbishop Petar Bogdan Bakshev, who even organized one of the uprisings against the Ottomans (a century later is that of the Catholic priest Blasius Kleiner and finally a year later – of Father Paisiy).

On-topic: I don’t wear any crosses or any other kinds of decorations for that matter. Although I was baptised as a baby (the common traditional age of Orthodox baptism here, despite some “setbacks” during communist times (my parents even had a church wedding, despite my father and his father being in the military)), my family later became Protestant and, like Dusan and Shaokang mentioned for themselves, I am currently an Agnostic (technically I’m an Atheist, since I lack a certain faith in the positive existence of a deity, though many people confuse atheism with anti-theism (outright rejection of the possible existence of a deity), so I prefer the more understandable term Agnostic).