Anonymous
Quote:
As far as i see it writes this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesopotamian_mythology

as far as i know these myths are some of the foundations of Christianity and Judaism, it's essential stories and they originate in mesopotamian religions which in turn derive from old Sumerian ones.

Well, as I allready pointed there is similarity in literary maner, sometimes even in plot, but there is one essential difference. And it is sense of written. There is similarity of form not similarity of teching.
Ancient Near Eastern mythologies, classical creation myths in Greek mythology envision the creation of the world as resulting from the actions of a god or gods upon already-existing primeval matter, known as chaos. That is what Panbabylonism failed to see.
In Bible we have:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." Genesis (1:1-2)

God created world, (time as part of that created world)

Enuma-Eliš goes:

When the sky above was not named, and the earth beneath did not yet bear a name, and the primeval Apsû, who begat them,

Situation is similar with other mentioned stories.

You could see similarities and differences. Akin to that is when in 4th centuries Church fathers and Greek philosopher polemized about Divine nature of Chrisitanity, both were using Neo-Platonist terminology Chrsitians to express Christian Theology Greek philosophers to express their own ideas.

Slavorum

13 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • MaRk0V
  • Shnickstara89
  • LCaine
  • m1tric
  • SinisterWidow