Anonymous
Quote:
Well in most cases it would be like that but when one religion has 5/6 of it's main events/stories same as a chronicled and written religion in it's proximity that predates the first one then it does mean that it is derived from it.

You measured so you know ratio? Point is that literary form of sacred texts of some religion is not basis of that religion. What matters in religon is its teaching.

Quote:
By your logic neither would Christianity and Islam be of same root because they have too many differences however due to writings we know their same root.

That is rather simplified point of wiew. There is no genetical conectio between Christianity and Islam, so we could speak of same root. Judaism and Christianity are geneticaly related. Both are derived from Old Testament religion. Islam is founded on itsown interpretation of Judeo-Christian legacy, and there is no direct connection betwen it and previous two religions.

Quote:
Finally Judaism in it's early ages was a both monotheistic and polytheistic religion, undetermined i.e. in-between, so that again you have dismissed with your crude analyses. Besides i find it hard to believe 6 main stories of Abrahamic faiths and Sumerians/Babylonian/Mesopotamian writings being just a mere coincidence.

You obviously did not read what was written. Writers of Bible used textual motives from folk stories in Middle East (whic originated in Mesopotamia) to write their own cosmology, which, while sharing motivs with Mesopotamian myths, shows completely different theological outlook.

Nicene creed starts:

We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

not "We believe that there were water and sky, that languages were separated at Babylonian tower and that there was flod".

Quote:
Finally Judaism in it's early ages was a both monotheistic and polytheistic religion, undetermined i.e. in-between, so that again you have dismissed with your crude analyses.

This was another crude simplification. In early Hebrew kingdom there were two religous movements: Monotheistic and polythesitic.There was clear distinction between them, Old Testament prophets are preaching against idolatry and refuse any religious connection with their polytheistic compatriots. Again essential thing to determine religion are its teachings.

Quote:
Okey this is starting to be funny, of course it's not literally equal to a detail. Neither is Thor and Perun equal to detail but does it mean they aren't portraiting the same role? Of course they aren't same, but they represent the same deities same as Titan Cronos and it's Titans and Jountheimr Giants in Norse faiths. Or are you implying to me then that Indo-European religions aren't connected then?

Well you failed to see my point. Your theory is that Lessre gods rebelled against gigantic senior gods, and you stated Cronos and Ttians are examples of such gigantic senior gods. Descriptions from ancient Greek sources contradicts such interpretation of matters. And I just pointed details in wich that contradiction was shown.

Slavorum

2 User(s) Online Join Server
  • HicksGhostLDN
  • m1tric