Anonymous
Quote:
1. Someone who teaches comparative history of religion on the Faculty of Theology, is an expert on comparative history of religion. Furthermore it bears more scholary value, because he didn't solely see it from a Christian mainstream perspective.

He was apointed more because his personal friendship with professors of PBF (OTF).

Quote:
2. Yes it is Christian, since no pagans exist. Yes it is better founded since no pagans exist. Second, I do not know of any other Christians than Serbs (and maybe some groups bordering them) that celebrate the Slava, therefore I doubt it is of Christian origin, founded in the Semitic culture.

Slava is Christian practice with possible pagan influences. You are mistaking possible influneces in genesis of that with substance. What are basic elements of slava: Koljivo (Christian symbol), Candles (Yes I know it is present in lot of faiths, but here their use is in pure Christian sense), Icon of patron saint (Christian), bread and wine (most essential Christian symbols, derived from Jewish costumes) Frankincense (another Christian symbol), before meal all participants pray (Slavarice: "Во Славу и чест Свете Живоначалне Јединосушне  и Нераздјељиве Тројице, Оца и Сина и Светога Духа" "For the Glory and Honour of Holy Lifebegining and Unseparable Trinity, Father and Son and Holy Spirit" real heatan sounding)

Quote:
P.S. As for superstition, every belief not based on reason, including religion is superstition.
Quote:
P.S. I personally believe a lot of Christian practices, are of pagan origin. I would go so far to say all of them, except the ideal of monotheism.

We allready went to much in off topic, so I will not comment this two.

Slavorum

12 User(s) Online Join Server
  • ☭Lil Commie☭
  • Australian Santa
  • LCaine
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Tosti
  • MaRk0V