Anonymous
Quote:
1. Is an ad hominem

1. is an historical fact, I did not insulted him or them. Veselin Čajkanović fas philologis and ethnographer, most of his works is about it.

Vergil and his contemporaries (1930) A survey of Roman literature (1932) Florilegium latinum in usum schoiarfum (1940), About Zenobius' collection, Dictionary of peoples belief about plants.

History of Religion was not main field of his work, he did not have qualifications for it.

Quote:

2. Idolatry is prohibited in pure Christianity, in the Hebrew Bible, including as one of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:3-4) and in the New Testament (for example 1 John 5:21, most significantly in the Apostolic Decree recorded in Acts 15:19-21), therefore it is unplausible that Slava (idolatry in its almost purest form) is of pure Christian origin.

Cvetinov, this is funny, я про Ивана, а ты про болвана — I am constantly saying it is celebrating of Christian Siants in Christian Spirit with  elements of Christian symbolism, you are repeating it is celebrating of Pagan gods without any proof.
I allready showed facts which deny any reference to Pagan gods and wich confirm it's Christian sense. If you are reffering to Christian Cult of Saits and and Icons, you could read about it in next pasus of wikipedia article which you linked here. But I will not be lazy to answer that:
A saint (from Latin, sanctus) is one who is holy, that is, set apart for God's service. It is a person who has cooperated with God's grace to the extent that his or her holiness is beyond doubt.

Aside from the more general use of the word saint to refer to all members of the Church, Holy Tradition also ascribes Saint as a title to particular persons whose lives have shown most clearly what it means to follow Jesus Christ. These saints are popularly glorified (canonized) by the Church, often in the modern era with a formal service to recognize and affirm the veneration of them by the faithful.

Saints are not thought of as either perfect or infallible, and it is only because of the work of Christ in them that the Church praises these people. It is because we see our Lord's countenance reflected most clearly in their faces that we publicly laud them, ask them to pray for us, and encourage one another to follow their examples.

The Eastern Orthodox teaching about veneration of icons is that the praise and veneration shown to the icon passes over to the archetype (Christ or Saint), Church interiors are covered with the Icons of saints.

All of this elements (veneration of Saints and Icons) were accpted before Baptism of Serbs, and both are interpreted in such way not confront Biblical prohibitions, and are deaply rooted in Old Testamen practice of veneration prophets and other just men, also Icons have their justification in Old Testament practices. God instructed Moses to make carved cherubim on the Ark of the Covenant (Exodus 25:18-22) Ancient Israelites also used various other images in connection with their worship, , such as embroidered figures of cherubim on the curtain which separated the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle tent (Exodus 26:31).

As you could see there is no idolatry in Slava.
Furthermore origin of  Slava be it of pure Christian influence, or is it reaction on Pagan costumes, is not essential here. Main fact is it is Christian in its nature, noth hidden worship of Pagan gods. That is my main point and main objection to dtrepanator's message.

Slavorum

8 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Симеон
  • Bjelas
  • Vuk
  • dawidoxe1
  • Shendelzare Silkwood