Anonymous
Quote:
Romans, Greeks, Germans, Slavs all were pagans, polytheists, with a vast tradition built upon idolatry, worshipping various deities. By adopting the Old Christianity in the Roman doctrine, therefore designing the contemporary Roman Christianity (finally Catholicism and Orthodoxy), the still very much alive polytheist practices of the majority (even to say all of the people) had to be 'justified' in accordance with the Christian Thought (which prohibited it), with producing the least aversion of the people towards the 'new faith', else one would risk further political instabilities, thus instead of venerating of idols and cult images, which was prohibited, it was found just and right to venerate their counterparts, namely Saints, which were often given pagan traits (thunderer, healer, speaking with animals, etc.) in relation to the former pagan idol they replaced.

Cveti, my friend you confused popular beliefe of commonf folk with Church teaching. Church do not teach St. Elijas is thunderer, people aplied previous traits ascribed to certain Heaten dieties to him.
But it is not what Church teach, do not confuse folclor with dogmatics and Church rites.
Concernign Saints, Church venerated them from begining,  Christians gathered on graves of martyrs from first days. It is not some kind of justification it is well known fact. About healing, man what did Christ was doing all the time? What were doing Saint Peter and Paul, read Bible.

Quote:
I heard so often people pray to the Saints for all kinds of things… rain, better harvest, more money, health, luck etc. If that is not idolatry, what is? A mere 'justification' of a Saint as a proxy of Jesus that is a proxy of God, may be in the Churchs accordance with the Christian Thought, but an obviously fabricated idea incompatible with Christology defined in 451 AD, to justify idolatry.

Cvetinov, seriously do you even know what is Christology? And how veneration of Saints contradicts it. I allready wrote you when it started and how. From start of Christianity. From people who died refusing to deny Christ, fromHis Disciples. In Bible you could read about demand for all Christians to be Saints.

I am the Lord your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy.

Leviticus 11, 44
Sainthood is not some kind of hidden polytheism it is goal for all Christians.
Concerning miracles:

23 “Truly[f] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Everything is founded on Bible.

Slavorum

11 User(s) Online Join Server
  • MaRk0V
  • Bjelas
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • pothead
  • Australian Santa
  • LCaine