Anonymous
Quote:
Cveti, my friend you confused popular beliefe of commonf folk with Church teaching. Church do not teach St. Elijas is thunderer, people aplied previous traits ascribed to certain Heaten dieties to him.
But it is not what Church teach, do not confuse folclor with dogmatics and Church rites.
Concernign Saints, Church venerated them from begining,  Christians gathered on graves of martyrs from first days. It is not some kind of justification it is well known fact. About healing, man what did Christ was doing all the time? What were doing Saint Peter and Paul, read Bible.

Cvetinov, seriously do you even know what is Christology? And how veneration of Saints contradicts it. I allready wrote you when it started and how. From start of Christianity. From people who died refusing to deny Christ, fromHis Disciples. In Bible you could read about demand for all Christians to be Saints. Leviticus 11, 44
Sainthood is not some kind of hidden polytheism it is goal for all Christians.
Concerning miracles:

23 “Truly[f] I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Everything is founded on Bible.

I rewrote my text some minutes ago, cause falsely put, please read it again. Although not much, what I stated is that the worship of Saints is not compatible with the main idea, which prohibites worship of others than God. The concept of veneration as those proxies is in my eyes just a nice interpretation that would justify it.

Yes common belief is not Christianity, and Slava is a common belief. St. Elijah was surely not a Thunderer, but his persona was used as a substitute for a pagan deity of a Thunderer (among Slavs, Perun), thus people applying those pagan traits of the Thunderer to St. Elijah. Therefore people could worship Perun, say they are venerating St. Elijah, and they are happy, the Church is happy.

Није шија него врат

Slavorum

2 User(s) Online Join Server
  • m1tric
  • HicksGhostLDN