Anonymous
Quote:
Steta sto moramo, da se sporazumevamo na ovom engleskom :)

Драго ми је што морамо јер се тако не види твоја простота. Ниси издржао ни двије реченице на енглеском без псовки, колико би ти требало на српском?
Ok, to continue discusion

Quote:
The main problem in Serbia, and many other nations, is identification of people with religion, where it should be identification with blood. This reached its peak in recent history, during the wars, and it is how they distinguish themselves from surrounding nations of different religions with which we warred. For example, many people support Russia more than Poland or Czech, just because Russians are orthodox christians (not even because of slavic bond), whereas we have more connection with Poles 'cause we originated from those areas.

It is completely unrelated to dis topic, so if you could not stick to topic, I dont se why you wish to participate in discussion at all.

Quote:
That's nice, but all you did, Dalibor, is point the "facts" you were taught at Bogoslovija faculty or wherever.

Bogoslovija is high school and Theological faculty is faculty.  All you could try is to prove that my facts are wrong, and you dont even trying it.

Quote:
Of course the christians don't teach St. Elijah (Perun) to be thunderer, just like nowdays they don't teach that Jesus really ressurected people and sh*t.  Their paradigm changes and shifts with the consciousness of the people.

Reference my dier friend. I am not talking about new age hipsters but about mainstream Chrisitans: Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Oriental Orthodox. If you dont have proof for such bold statments based on twisting of facts, then stop trolling.

Quote:
Vidovdan is supposed to be the longest day in the year, the beginning of summer or summer solstice, which pagans celebrated and named it according to their God, Svetovid.

Vidovdan is about Battle of Kosovo. Anceit Slavs did not have clue about astronomy.

Quote:
I never said that christianity is a hidden worship of pagan gods, but i did say (just like Cvetinov illustratively pointed it out), it is just a sticker glued onto the pagan beliefs and practices, or should i say plagiarism.

And how did he prove or how could you prove? I did not see any proof. Could you point me one pagan belief survived in Chritisanity?

Quote:
Yet even if it is true (and it is not, at least for orthodox christianity in Serbia) that christian rites and practices derived from jewish ones… why the hell would i, in Serbia, practice such things? At least, we Serbs, can be proud of our rich history and tradition, which spans from longer than the arrival of christians here. Why should i worship some jew ? nein danke

Because those Serbs (Orthodox Christians) believe in same God as ancient Israelites,  Modern Judaism is something different from Old Testament one. Orthodox Serbs (I do not refer to Serbs as whole) do not believe in Perun, Veles, Svetovid, Morana. They believe in Father Son and Holy Spirit. Why  would somebody who do not eve believe in Slavic gods should practice Slavic pre-Christian religion? Orthodox Serbs practice Christian rites derived from Old Testament ones, with some cultural borrowings from ancient Graeco-Roman world, but that borrowings do not determine Christian dogma.

Quote:
The main problem in Serbia, and many other nations, is identification of people with religion, where it should be identification with blood.

And you are identifying us with religion we practised 1200 years before. We share other bllod except Slavic.

Quote:
There are many things you said i would dissaprove, but Cvetinov already did it in a manner quite similar that i would have.

I do not doubt that you would start discusing without knowing basic Orthodox practices, rites and techings. Well, I do not wish to offend Cvetinov, but he said veneration of saints contradicts Christological definition of Council of Chalcedon. Problem is Council of Chalcedon was being held in Church of Saint Eufemia. If your manner of discussion is such, I completly why you are avoiding discussion. You are ignorant of Chritianity.

Quote:
At least, we Serbs, can be proud of our rich history and tradition, which spans from longer than the arrival of christians here. Why should i worship some jew ?

And examples of that long and rich history are?

Quote:
I never said that christianity is a hidden worship of pagan gods,

You just did tell that.  Just to remind you:

Quote:
Orthodox christianity, the main religion here, is basically a copy of the old pagan serbian (slav) believes. Serbs, being as stubborn as they are, wouldn't convert to christianity that easily, so cunning jews and their  associates, just changed the names of the slavic deities into their saints, but yet kept most of the customs. Nowhere in the world is like that, not even in other orthodox christian countries. We still have "slave", which are like celebrations of some deities (although they bare christian names nowdays, unfortunately) where we sacrifice food and such to them, but some are still called as they were before, like Vidovdan (the day of Svetovid).

You are not even able to track what did you said yesterday, and want me to be taken seriously?

Quote:
There are many things you said i would dissaprove, but Cvetinov already did it in a manner quite similar that i would have.

……

I never said that christianity is a hidden worship of pagan gods, but i did say (just like Cvetinov illustratively pointed it out), it is just a sticker glued onto the pagan beliefs and practices, or should i say plagiarism.

Correct me if I am wrong, but he did accept my argumentation.

Well to conclude, believe in whatever you wish and chose, but if you are really serious with neo-paganism, stop discussing Christianity, you are basically ordinary ignorant, when it comes to Christianity.

Slavorum

18 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Adam's Song
  • TELEdor
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Симеон
  • m1tric