Anonymous
Quote:
From what I know something like that functioned in ancient Poland. It was called 'kopne prawo', because decisions were made 'na kopie', i.e. on the mound or hill in a circle of representatives.

In Ottoman Bosnia there was "pravo zemlje" which basically was fight (to death sometime) usually on a hill the between two or more brothers if they couldn't agree on splinting of the land or if one of them wanted to challenge will of the father. In which defeated one was either killed in combat or he forfeited and was banned with no right to the family name or inheritance. Those defeated brothers usually joined mercenaries, lived out their lives as missionaries in North Caucasus or worked as bureaucrats at the courts of more prestigious families.

It could be only invoked if both parties agreed to "bypass" the Quranic law and the fight was done before 3 respected Imams and 3 elder members of strong local houses.

P.S.: I don't know why I wrote this, but I just felt the need to get it out of my system when I read the 'kopne prawo' ;D

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Vuk
  • Australian Santa
  • Armenian Slayer
  • SinisterWidow
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • Bjelas