Anonymous

Christianity became the dominant religion in many regions of Europe from 4-5th centuries throwing Europe into “Dark Ages”. Dark Ages was a historical period between 5th and 15th century during which economic, cultural and scientific deterioration occurred.  This fact is widely accepted by historians. I can’t think of major inventions or discoveries occurred during the Dark Ages period. What medical advances did Europeans have during that time? Roman Catholics prohibited the dissection of corpuses, for example.
There were no breaking discoveries in astronomy, physics, and biology. Chemistry existed in the form of alchemy. I can only think of mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci who lived in the 12 th century. He introduced Arabic numerical system in Europe. Probably others introduced it before Fibonacci, he received the recognition  he probably did not deserve, but that’s another story.
Aristotle, Archimedes, Hippocrates, Herodotus, Euclid and other famous greeks all lived in pre-Christian times. After the fall of Roman  empire followed by the dominance of Christianity shortly after, there were no discoveries, literally nothing happened during that period. It was only in Renaissance (the reborn period) cultural and intellectual movements started in a positive direction. Even then Bruno was burned, Galileo died in house arrest.
There is little doubt in my mind that Christianity slowed down Europeans for at least 1000 years.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Shendelzare Silkwood
  • Bogatyr Bogumir
  • KratΩs
  • Shnickstara89
  • Lyutenitsa™
  • pothead