Anonymous

@Sviatogor “When I say Belarusian has akanye I mean Belarusian is notorious for having ‘a’ where ‘o’ would be used in other Slavic languages.”
Yes yes, in standard Slovene it would be “Mi smo slavna ižanska požárna kománda. Nas nič ne zanima kje gorí pa kaj (dialectal kogá) gorí, mi samó pridemo pa pogasímo.” It does seem to follow the unstressed ‘o’ reduced to ‘a’ rule. Another example I found is “The song of Martin Keber”, which sounded somewhat eastern Slavic to me the first time I heard it: “Tukaj ležje rakje inu nagje, jeno rejbra, rajncga Martinka Kejbra”. Notice the “rakje inu nagje” (roke in noge).
Some dialects change the “o” to a “u”, but it doesn’t seem to follow the unstressed “o” rule. My username “kust” (from “kost”) is an example. How would this be explained? It actually seems to happen to stressed vowels.

@cHr0mChIk
1. Oh I see. As far as I know both čakavian an kajkavian use “vse”, so I’m guessing it came from štokavian?
2. So you’re from Vojvodina? How many Slovak communities are there in those foreign countries you mentioned?
3. The Pažarna Kamanda is the best. “Rit prut zit obrnt!”

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Tujev
  • slovborg
  • kony97
  • haver25