Anonymous

Excuse me for barging in to the topic, I've read through it as I'm quite fascinated by the debate. Anyway, I am a Serb myself but I admit I do not have the necessary knowledge on the topic to contribute in any way other than point out few things.

1) FORMICA continues to push his points of view even after he had been proven wrong.
2) He's attempting to refute the counter-arguments by reasoning that is only known to him which has no evidence to support other than his own rationale, making his statements not very compelling.
This could be because of two options:
1) His claims may be true but with no clear evidence to back them, making his attempts to justify his point of view seem like an act of desperation.
2) He is unwilling to be open minded about the debate and refuses to accept certain things as truth even with clear historical evidence presented to him. If this is the case then this debate isn't going anywhere as it will go back and forth to no end.

On the side note, a small contribution that may or may not have an impact on the debate:
My family surname is a part of the greater family branch that derived from the old Montenegrin tribe Vasojevic. The Vasojevic tribe was settled around Lijeva Rijeka and was the biggest of the seven tribes of the seven hills. Despite being settled in the Montenegrin mountains, all of them considered themselves Serbs, as do I today. In fact, most of modern day Serbs bear surnames derived from these Montenegrin tribes from all over modern Montenegro. And no, this does not mean Serbs are actually Montenegrins as Montenegro was a geographical term for lands settled by the Serbs during the arrival to the Balkans. To say that Serbs and Montenegrins do not share blood is absurd to say the least, let alone say we're not the same people. Modern day Montenegro was literally the core of the first Serbian tribes settling in the Balkans, surrounded by other Serbian regions of northern Albania to the south and south-east, Rashka to the east and north east, eastern part of Bosnia and Herzegovina to the west, where rivers Bosna in the north and Neretva in the south, as well as Cetina at the Adriatic coast separated the Croatian and Serbian tribes (The exact lines are debatable, but that is for another topic).
You can claim to be an ethnic Montenegrin, and that is your given right to choose where you belong. However, I'd hope you'd at least take in to account the facts that point out to Serbs and Montenegrins being the same people. Most renown Montenegrins of history considered themselves Serbs and they fought and died alongside their brothers for centuries. If you wish to separate yourself and form a new nation that is your choice, but do not claim that we are not related, by both blood and history.

If I may ask, which tribe does your family name come from? Do you know any people with such surname that claim Serbian nationality and same ancestors? If yes then what more proof do you want? Two people born in one family can consider themselves different nationalities, however, it doesn't make them any less blood related. Here's an old example: Vaso, the founder of the Vasojevic tribe had four brothers- Ozro, Pipo, Kras and Oto. The first two brothers are founders of the Serbian tribes known as Ozrinici and Piperi, whereas the latter two founded the north-Albanian tribes Krasnici (Krasniqi) and Hoti.