Anonymous
Quote:
I was thinking in doing something similar but I have no idea how to start, could I ask you for some advices ?

Well, there's nothing much to it, really. In order for the record to have ethnographic value, you have to write down the full name of the informant, his/her age, the place he/she originates from and lives currently. It's better to use some kind of recording device and to transfer the conversation to paper later, so you can always check in case you misheard something. In the ideal case, the subject of the study shouldn't feel like… well, subject of a study. :D The conversation should be informal to the extent possible. Then you ask about various aspects of rural life, how did they use to do things back then (assuming the informant is an elderly person), ask if he/she knows some songs, tales etc. – this way you can reveal some unusual lexic used in the region, etc. Avoid "leading" the conversation with knowledge you already have, just listen and record.

Quote:
Exactly this is the problem if there are three e's and one is è then in my opinion i should use some other letter for half sound (polglasnik) becouse i want my wrriting transparent and obvious. So there wouldn't be mistake between variant of e and schwa (polglasnik). :)

It's not a big deal what exact character will you use, as long as you make it clear you always use it for [Ə]. What character the linguistic and ethnografic studies of Gorenjski dialects use for that phoneme? If there is an established way to transcribe it in the special literature you shouldn't alter it.

Slavorum

14 User(s) Online Join Server
  • Nefario
  • Stella C.
  • Vuk
  • Bjelas
  • pothead
  • Shnickstara89