Anonymous
Quote:
I am strictly talking about US school system
Yes, well that is my ultimate goal. Given that I have been proficient in certain areas than others; I think that custom tailoring education for my children could help them expose their strengths. In school the education is streamlined, and the teachers are not the best. My friend had to "resort" to education degree in college because she was not going to pass her calculus classes; so she gave up and became a middle school teacher. I would want the best for my kids, like any other parent; therefore, given the area and pretty much the country I live in, I would prefer to homes school my children.

As a public school teacher I agree.  We have made our schools into cafeterias and everything is turned into mush.  I would have rather focused on liberal arts and classical western based civilization.  Yet we now decided that all kids, from industrial engineer to a chef, have to know advanced algebra at the same level. 

This is like having a clothing store where all dresses are size 10 and all suits are 46 regular.