Anonymous
Quote:
Xekoslav, I was pretty direct. I haven't floated away from the essence of the thread, meaning I said all I had to say about apology of Serbian president and Srebrenica massacre. I was not talking about anything else

It was directed more at Slavija. My response to you was more about the president apologizing. Sorry , I should have specified that.

Ajde druze, nemoj biti takav. It's usually us who are copping the crap, not you or anyone else… Which is in line with my point. Since I initially stated that I'm sick of Serbs apologising to everyone (which is what the discussion is about), I had to name certain times where we were ****ed but never got an apology. Relevant? I definitely think so

As Druzhina said , Srebrenica stands out among all the massacres and even violates the poor morality already present in war. Srebrenica really served no strategic purpose that I know of since Serbs already controlled most of the roads and resources in the area anyway. It was basically a won ton slaughter for any number of reasons we can go over. In certain ways it cannot be equated with other tragedies except for maybe Ahmici ( which was smaller scale but no less brutal) and Vukovar which needs no introduction. It seems to us that when Serbs are faced with charges they feel very angry and offended yet they dole out blame to everyone except themselves for any violence they commit. The violence against Croats ? They justified because Austro Hungarian oppression and WW2.  The violence against Bosniaks ? They are justified because of 500 years of Turkish oppression.Even the violence against Albanians… 14th century Kosovo and the Turkish invasion… The war? … It's the West's fault. Etc. At some point all the sides need to stop fishing for excuses and take responsibility so such things do not repeat themselves and happen again.