Anonymous
Quote:
well thanks for info, ill wait for more from our muderlant povhec.

i would also like to add 1 thing:
windisch is german for slavic. and slovenski means, in its most basic meaning, slavic.
slovenci, slovenski – slavs, slavic
slavonci, slavonski – slavs, slavic
slováci, slovenský – slavs, slavic
slovjaci, slovenski* – slavs, slavic

in german – windisch. thats why we, too, have windschacht, windschendorf etc in slovakia. slawisch seems like a neologism.

*theres also neologism "slovjacki".

edit: i decrypted your taboo!  ;D

Well, there's no doubt about that. There's even a theory I've come across of the origin of the word Windischer. Germans aparantly weren't capable of saying Slovan/Sloven/Slovenec/Slovinec/Whatever/ and took only the last part: -ven/vin. Like slovenish or slovinish over time became wendisch or windisch. Place names with windisch are common in Styria (both Slovene and Austrian). F. ex. Slovenska Bistrica/Windisch Freisitz, Slovenske Konjice/Windisch Gonobitz, Slovenj Gradec/Windisch Graez, Slovenske gorice/Windisch Bühel etc. Windisch was changed by slawisch because it got a nasty word in the 19th century. People, who got denoted with Windisch were worth less. Even fights could brake out among students if the German ones called us so. The same for Italian Ščavo.

for the taboo: no big deal, I can send you a PM on how to do it if you wanna try  ;)