Anonymous
Quote:
povhec, what can you tell me about the language of that writing? this is archaic, right? from what year (roughly at least) is this and where exactly was this language spoken?

because that -nil suffix in past tense intrigues me. as far as i know only czech and slovjak have similar suffix (-nul), and rarely occurs in slovak, too. now i see slovene isnt far away, even in this.

after all:

[img width=700 height=264]http://i41.tinypic.com/316p9iq.jpg” />

<br / The picture! Well its Trubars text in modern script otherwise we would have to read in Bohoričica. But overall altho older its to me complacently understandable and like Štajerc said one must to be real dumbass not to comprehend Trubar.

Quote:
well thanks for info, ill wait for more from our muderlant povhec.

i would also like to add 1 thing:
windisch is german for slavic. and slovenski means, in its most basic meaning, slavic.
slovenci, slovenski – slavs, slavic
slavonci, slavonski – slavs, slavic
slováci, slovenský – slavs, slavic
slovjaci, slovenski* – slavs, slavic

in german – windisch. thats why we, too, have windschacht, windschendorf etc in slovakia. slawisch seems like a neologism.

*theres also neologism "slovjacki".

Absolutely windisch was in German originally wide term for Slavic and its exactly like on your own made Mt. Krapak (;D) map and its what i wanted to say all along. Altho anyways the term was getting with time more and more limited meaning. My point was however that Slovene/Slavic identification never really died as part of main identification among our ppl unlike some Slavs and Trubar is one good proof. Yes ofc. like Štajerc said land identification was strong but Slovene identification never ceased however. This is like Germans they had powerful land identities like Bavarians, Swabians, etc. but the Deutsch never died off.

Its just that from Trubar in 16th century its obvious that he distinguishes Slovenes from other Slavs the ones he knew best Croats (Indeed he says that everyone from Croatia to Carigrad/Istanbul is Croat). Therefore he says that he feels pity for Croats and Slovenes and about how books should be printed in Slovene and Croat language. I guess he didn't have idea of another Slavic folk which identified as such as well; the Slovaks or he didn't feel the need to mention or he did but i don't know of it but my point would remain the same. Thats why he said;

Pri tem prevajanju sem se potrudil glede besed in sloga, da bi ga utegnil z lahkoto razumeti vsak Slovenec, bodisi Kranjec, spodnještajerec, Korošec, Kraševec, Istran, Dolenjec ali Bezjak. Zaradi tega sem ostal kar pri kmetiškem slovenskem jeziku, kakor se govori na Raščici, kjer sem se rodil. Nenavadnih in hrvatskih besed nisem hotel primešavati niti si novih izmišljati.

Translation;

At translating i made an effort about words and way of writing so that may any Slovene understand be thy Carniolan, Lower Styrian, Carinthian, Karster, Istrian, Lower Carniolan or a Bezjak. Thats why i decided to stay with simple peasant speech like the one spoken in Rašica where i was born. Unusual and Croatian words i did not wish to mix in or invent any new for that matter.

Quote:
edit: i decrypted your taboo!  ;D

What taboo?

Quote:
A ste kdaj čuli, videli al pa pili močeradovec? Nekak se mi zdi, da je to bol popularn na Kranjskem, ker o tem tuki sploh ni govora, večina ludi itak ne ve, da kej takega sploh obstaja. Baje, da se po njem halucinira, eni pravjo, da je afrodizijak. Bi kdo vedo kej več povedat, ker js kej več od postopka ne poznam. Nism nikol vido, probo, tut ne poznam nobenga, da b ga delo.

Yes i did. Supposedly it is traditional stuff in Škofja Loka highlands. Well traditional it isn't and its some modern crap. It made headlines thanks to Mladina newspaper and that story is made up which doesn't surprise me by the paper. There are no records of the drink by ethnographers and am sure they would know of it. It was made up story by some journalist who wants fame and thanks to him now some crazy lunatics really do make this drink. :(