Anonymous
Quote:
It's a good thing you're a hypocrite, because if that statement were actually true you wouldn't live long.

Oh boy… here we go for the thousandth time. A christian who prefers to argue rather than research…

If you mean generally, then no it is not. The ratio between decisions you make based on faith/trust vs informed decisions tends to inf. If you mean "faith" as in "belief in God" then your position might be legitimate, although inconsistent.

That's a paradoxical question, assuming a creator God.

Noooo…? You see if a religion tells you how to live and what to do in certain circumstances (like smash yourself and a plan full of people into a building) I would want to KNOW this thing/guy/girl/it/he-she exists. :3

It's still pretty awesome when you think about it, though. There's logically no reason why anything should exist.

Existence is purely by chance.

Interesting. Tell me more ::)

Well lets see. He didn't stop WW1 or WW2. 9/11. The Middle East crisis. All the Balkan wars. Didn't save the people who were praying for him on the Titanic. Told people to slaughter each other when they failed to sacrifice goats to him… wow this list can go on and on!

The official cannon has been reviewed, studied and been the object of scrutiny and debate for a long time and by some very intelligent people. How likely do you think it is that something unintended has found its way into scripture?

[img width=700 height=429]http://sensesofcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/no-country-for-old-men-4.jpg” />
List me some of these intelligent people who haven't called it a crock of perverted ****. Scientists lol at religion and some of the greatest minds in history have called it vile garbage.

"The Christian God can be easily pictured as virtually the same as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, evil and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed, beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of the people who say they serve him. The are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."
— Thomas Jefferson

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."
— James Madison

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man"
— Thomas Jefferson

Meaning, you didn't understand it then any more than you do now :D

I guarantee you atheists understand the bible better than Christians because we sought the answers. Not just being told when we were kids by our parents in what to believe, hence brainwashed.

I can see there's a huge improvement between then and now ::)

Oh yes because answering the OP's question was me being rude. But here you are "oh yeah? BS ::) herp derp, explain this. ::) ::) ::)" I didn't come here to argue with some guy on the web. Just to answer why I'm an athiest.

See that's called "irony". Hope you get it.

was trying to be polite to ultra-religous types (like you :D) but ok. THERE IS NO GOD. OH LORD STRIKE ME DOWN IF IM WRONG

Which is why it's a consistently a feature of society … Wait, that makes sense right?
How about a negative correlation with intelligence? Surely the lower primates must be more religious than humans?

A feature of Primitive socities who had sacrifice for their gods, and crusades and jihads and all sorts of lovely things. It was an excuse for primitives to understand what storms and stars were.

That's nirvana – a buddhist concept :)

Prepare to burn forever heretic ;)

Both would be hilarious pseudo-science and a fundamental misconception of science and religion.

Science is pseudo-science? Is that what your saying?

Try harder, you ain't out of the woods yet.

Sigh… I hate arguing over the internet… can you just buy the God Delusional or something? Thats a question in fact. Can you, or will you not because is full of crap?

I'll just leave with this http://www.articlesbase.com/religion-articles/why-creationism-is-wrong-489257.html