Anonymous
Quote:
One of my Polish friends said Rodnovers in Poland are seen as 'oddballs'. Don't know how far that perception goes and why. I know some of you do follow the faith, but to what extent? Those who don't, would you? And what's your opinion on this faith conversion (or retrieval)?

I generally like every religion in its theory, but I can't practise any. But to be honest in case of Rodnovery I don't know so much, however I am almost sure it wouldn't be a religion I can believe in.

Dalibor, according to your first post here – you said:
I am affraid you got something wrong in your paradigm of history.
Romans were pagans. And they were persecuting Christians.

Romans didn't perceived themselves as pagans. This term was used according to "a villager" or "a civilian" sometimes. When people started to convert to Christianity, this term became a word that describes non-Christians.

But Romans who were not Christians at the time of converting, still were seeing those Christians as pagans, as they mostly lived in a village.

Ancient Rome was generally tolerating in case of religion – countries which Rome conquered had right to practise they own native religion. Christianity was an exception as people have seen in christianity a danger.

And they were right – nowadays "pagans" are perceived as satan's children or heretics, in some radical Christian societies.  It is even difficult in family to become non-Christian if parents are. They like to criticise, it happens sometimes. But in Rome there was generally no matter who believe in what. Even pagans themselves, who believed in different gods were able to communicate, but Christianity, as monotheistic religion, where was told: "You will not have different gods than me" (10 tenets, I don't know if I translated it correctly) suggests that Christians… well. Even not suggests but they expanded in bloody way very often. Romans seen danger in Christianity (except of Neron's insanity) which was not seen in other religions.