Anonymous
Quote:
You made some good remarks though your elaboration is greatly hampered by your poor command of English.

Well, I guess if I was a pechalbar in Australia or Canada I would certainly have spoken it better. Anyway as long as you understand me I think that we're ok.

Now, Albanian is not Illyrian and it certainly is not native in the region of Albania.

Most of the Scholars now seenm to agree that Albanian is a Daco-Moesian dialect and that the linguistic ancestors of the Albanians have moved in the region sometime around 500-600 AD possibly pushed by the descending Slavs.

Watch for example the linguist John Bassett Trumper who studies the albanian language for some 30 years now.

Prof. John Bassett Trumper – About Albanian Language 1

The "prince of albanology" (as the albanian linguists call him) Eric Hamp after some 50 years studying the albanian language has concluded that the ancestors of the Romanians spoke proto-Albanian before their latinization, and they were Daco-Moesian speakers not Illyrian speakers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hamp

And the same opinion is expressed by Vladimir Orel in his Albanian Etymological dictionary, where he identifies the albanian urheimat with Dacia Ripensis and the Carpathian mountains.

Andre Du Nay in his "the Origins of the Rumanians" has the same opinion and identifies Eastern Serbia and NW Bulgarian as the common urheimat of both Albanians and Rumanians.

Now, to the other thing that you've mentioned. If you read the 14th century sources that are contemporary with the albanian southward migrations (Cantakouzenos and the venetian Marino Sanudo) they speak of "massive and disatrous migrations".

For example, their arrival in the region of Berat and the reactions of the pre-albanian population (Greek, Bulgarian and Vlach) is described by Kantakouzenos here:

http://www.albanianhistory.net/en/texts1000-1799/AH1328.html

It is a bit naif to think that there were Albanians in a Bulgarian region that celebrated it's orthodoxy (Glavinica, south Albania) from the 9th century and that the same Bulgarians 2 centuries later would describe the Arbanasi as "half believers" (catholics).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballshi_Inscription

The known Serbian Historian Sima Ćirković explains the Old Bulgarian text refering to the catholic Arbanasi at 1010 AD, by saying that the Albanians who at that time were still living in Arbanon (Kruja/Mat) had devenoled relationships with the Catholic bishopric of Antivari (Bar) rather than the orthodox metropolis of Dyrrachium or the orthodox archbishopric of the Bulgarian hinterland.

So by the 11th century, we can say with certaintly that the Albanians were still relatively isolated in Arbanon (Kruja-Mat region).

The Byzantine authors mentions relatively frequently the region of south Albania in the 11th and 12th centuries. None mentions Albanians there, or use the name Albania to describe it. For example, Theophylact of Ohrid, around 1100 AD, in his life of St Clement (who was from what is now south Albania) still uses the term Kutmichevitsa to describe the region and Skylitzes writing around 1090 AD notes that there lived only Romans (Greeks), Bulgarians, Armenians and mentions the nomadic Vlachs who killed Tsar Samuel's brother "somewhere between Prespa and Kastoria in a place called "Good Oaks" (probably Dambeni).