Anonymous

Thanks man. I’ll have a look at it. Even if the year it was written is 1982, which makes me feel sceptical ;)

Back in history (middle ages), Lithuanian language was used only between poor local people. The dukes spoke Russian or Polish (it depends on which period). So of course it was influenced by Slavic. But the local language was Lithuanian, which was one of the ancient Baltes languages. Only two are left today – Lithuanian and Latvian (which is much more influenced by Slavic). Yes, Lithuanian has a couple of dialects. They are, however, completely understandable.

Also bear in mind, that the Baltes lived in a much wider territory (to the east), not only the Baltic sea region. That’s according to the water-names and different location-names etc.
So I believe we have quite a few similar genes with you :)

In case you’ve missed the link above – as a lithuanian, I find it quite amazing:
http://vilnews.com/2011-04-incredible-indian-lithuanian-relations-2?hc_location=ufi

He (the professor) confirms that there since ancient times have been unique ties between India and Lithuania, not only with regards to language. Also the songs, the medieval cultures and more were extraordinary closely connected to each other.

Lokesh Chandra – India’s leading experts on Sanskrit and Buddhism. So I have no reasons not to believe him :)

Many researches consider the Baltes as a civilisation with a distinct kind of religion. It was kind of paganism similar to buddhism – the self perception as a unity with the nature. All the territory is very dense with sacred places – stones, springs, forests etc. Baltes also had an advanced proto-state organisation. I’ll check if I can find the book about the Baltes in english.

Another interesting hypothesis is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvprqxHgvok

Жарникова speaks about Karelian language (which is in the north from the former Baltes lands – but it is still very close). As I understand it has little similarities with modern Russian. Neither it’s similar to Lithuanian. The examples, however, are pretty convincing.

Slavorum

7 User(s) Online Join Server
  • 'las
  • kony97
  • GOGA
  • jorgos
  • (o)possum tamer 🐀 (kris)
  • Fia