Anonymous

@balkanizer I wouldn’t agree with you at all. Definite or indefinite nature of the word depends strictly on the context, more or less like Denis explained in Slovak. Accents depend on the regions anyway. Of course there are examples like gore gore gore gore, but they are few. I’d call it just stressing, because you’d use those kind of accentuation only to make sure that people are sure what you’re talking about. Hungarians for example always use falling accents when speaking SCBM, but we just say they have an accent, not that they can’t speak (although plenty of them actually can’t)
those ´and ˇ in Slovak work pretty simple. ´ is always making it long falling accent and ˇ palatalizes as Denis said. ČĎŤĽŇŠŽ, that’s it (ť is ć). So basically Slovak differentiates only between short and long falling vowels aeiyou/áéíýóú plus L and R, y is pronounced as regular i (but there’s more to it), ä can’t be long, it’s pronounced like regular e, ô isn’t a vowel but a diphthong uo, and is considered long by that rhythmic law.

Slavorum

5 User(s) Online Join Server
  • kony97
  • Fia
  • Tujev
  • GOGA
  • Nefario