Anonymous

@srdceleva

there are things that are absolute in this world, such as the laws of physics.

But laws of physics are not black and white like “wrong vs right”.
Laws of physics work differently under various conditions, such as temperature, pressure, gravity, just like “wrong and right” work differently under various cultures and societies.

and that is the problem with relativism, you can justify murder with it

Yes. In wild nature a lion will eat you if you step on its territory. It’s the territory where lion’s rights and wrongs have power.
Ironically you would probably justify killing lions because they don’t obey your “objective” opinions and killing people.

“The first gulp from the glass of natural sciences will turn you into
an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you.” 

― Werner Heisenberg

I’m not aware of any scientific work that would prove the existence of God.
Science is not a belief system. Science is a collection of all objective information that humanity has. Plus scientific theories and scientific research.
Science has proved that biblical stories are either false or unlikely. Over the years people like you adapted to science and there are even religious scientists who believe that Bible is just full of metaphors.
There are people who believe that religion (or faith) and science go together. It’s wrong, because they’re 2 different things. Religion requires you to believe something despite of evidence. Science says that unless you have a good evidence, your theory is neither true nor false.

A “scientist” who’s trying to prove God’s existence by using scientific methods is a joke.
It doesn’t make any sense. If he proved God’s existence, his faith would no longer be faith but a scientific branch.

I’m 100% sure that the question “Does God exist?” will not be answered by scientists in my lifetime, so it’s a waste of time for me.

Religious scientists really like to play “god of gaps” game and say that there’s a dimension that we haven’t discovered yet and it’s home to the spiritual world religious people always talk about.
Science doesn’t have resources and technologies to study this area.

The biggest problem is that there is no objective definition of “god”. So how can science study it?

To me any kind of question about “spiritual” world has the same weight as “What’s the possibility of existence of monsters under the bed?”. How can you disprove their existence? If haven’t seen them, it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

The question about spiritual world is a never-ending battle between believers and non-believers.
I’m telling you it will never end and there’s no point in “proving” one to another about their own beliefs.

If you feel there’s a spiritual world, it’s your “problem”. Not mine. Not a problem for science to solve.
To me you’re a good person first, believer second, @srdceleva .
We have our own opinions on stuff and I’m happy about that.
I wouldn’t like to live in a world where everyone has the same opinion about everything.

Slavorum

4 User(s) Online Join Server
  • GOGA
  • Tujev
  • Nexius
  • kony97